Quick & Easy Halloween Make-Up: Zombie

Last week I was put into a position where I needed to create a Halloween costume and make-up look for my younger sister within an hour without any of our Halloween stuff. It was quite manic. We decided on a zombie school girl as it only required a torn up old school shirt. As I have a fair bit of make-up, I knew I could easily jazz up the outfit. Now I am not a professional make-up artist and many of the tutorials on zombie make-up needed liquid latex and I did not have that so I knew I would have to be creative. I loved how it turned out and it was super easy. Best of all, it only used seven products which most make-up lovers will probably have in their collection.

What You Will Need:
  • Foundation (Preferably lighter than the natural skin-tone to help with the 'dead' effect) 
  • White or Translucent Powder
  • Burgundy Eyeshadow
  • Green Eyeshadow
  • Purple Eyeshadow
  • White Eyeliner
  • Red Liquid Lipstick
Steps:
  1. Apply and blend the foundation to the entire face (making sure to go over the lips) and slightly onto the neck and set with a white or translucent powder. I used the NARS Velvet Matte Foundation Stick in Mont Blanc and the Rimmel London Insta Fix and Matte powder - you want to use a white or translucent powder as you want to take colour out of the skin to help it look more dead, Fix and Matte is a great drugstore option.
  2. The eyeshadow is where you can have the most fun. All you need to do is layer and blend eyeshadow colours that you would find in bruises, I chose burgundy, purple and green. You don't need to be precise as you are creating an undead creature. I used En Fuego from the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette for the burgundy eyeshadow and the purple and darker green eyeshadows from the Sleek Original Eyeshadow Palette
  3. Run some white eyeliner over a scrunched up lip and then using a red liquid lipstick, draw on blood coming out from the eyes and lips. I applied some extra eyeshadow directly underneath the eye and drew the blood from there as I did not want to put the liquid lipstick too close to the eyes. I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk for the eyeliner and then used the NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Don't Stop which I also used to draw on blood stains on the shirt.
This look took no longer than 15 minutes to do, even on fidgety child. So if you need to pull off a speedy Halloween look for yourself or for a small child, this is a great one. It was also really easy to get off, we used some of my Lush Ultrabland cleanser to get most of it off and then used some wipes to get any last remaining bits. Hope everyone has a great Halloween!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig