30 Questions - Beauty

Two of my first ever posts on this blog were tags, so when I was thinking about what to write for today's post, I thought I would find a beauty related tag to do! This is the 30 Questions tag and I was not tagged to do this but I thought it sounded like a really fun tag to do. It is quite a long post to read so you might want to grab yourself a cup of tea before reading! There is only one post left for November so I am starting to plan some Christmas content and as I said in my November favourites post, if there are any requests for specific Christmas content, please let me know in the comments.


1. Do you remember your first make-up item?
I think it would either have been an eyeliner or a lipstick - I can't remember which but they both would have been from Boots or Superdrug. This is not including any of my mum's make-up that I used to try.. or steal.

2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I have barely existing eyelashes so I struggle to find a mascara that gives me incredible length and volume. I've accepted that. I like to use two mascaras, one with a plastic brush head like Benefit Roller Lash to help coat all the lashes and get the length, and then one with a 'traditional' mascara brush head with bristles for volume like Rimmel Scandaleyes Reloaded.

3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I don't wear foundation on a regular basis and I only tend to wear it on special occasions or events. I go for a foundation that is light in coverage and gives a glow to the skin.

4. Favourite high end brand?
At the moment, my favourite high end brand is a close tie between NARS and Urban Decay. I also really love Benefit, M.A.C and Clinique.

5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I would love to try Kat Von D, my continuous love for liquid lipsticks means I am always wanting to try new ones and the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are pretty popular.

6. Favorite drugstore brand?
I love a lot of drugstore brands so I could never choose just one but the ones I tend to go to the most right now are Rimmel, Maybelline and NYX.

7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
I wear glasses so fake eyelashes have a tendency to constantly hit them and it gets really annoying - plus, I can never be bothered to fiddle with individuals.

8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
If I am wearing make-up, I could not leave the house without my cat eyeliner. I cannot do any kind of make-up look with it. At the moment, I am using the Make Up For Ever Graphic Liner.

9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Right now, it is my NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman. I have barely worn any other lip products since I got this and to be honest, I would be devastated if I lost this.

10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I used to buy a lot of make-up on a regular basis but nowadays, I try to only buy make-up if something has run out, there is a special offer or something really exciting has come out.

11. Do you have a 'beauty budget' or do you spend freely? 
At the moment, I don't have a 'beauty budget' but unless it is something I am really keen to try, I do try to be realistic about how much I need to spend some make-up.

12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
If you live in the UK and do not have a Boots Advantage Card, I don't think you can call yourself a true Brit. I always keep my Advantage Card on me, even if I am only buying one thing - four points for every £1, that can build up!

13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Lipsticks. I own so many that sometimes I have to carefully organise them otherwise I can't open my make-up drawer - and yet, I still buy more.

14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
I think there are always a few products from lots of brands that I don't like but I can't say that there is a brand that I really can't stand - plus, I haven't tried all the brands in the world yet to find out.

15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
If there are make-up products that I try that do not have these ingredients, I think it is great but I don't actively try and find out what ingredients are in products.

16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
I tend to get most of my make-up from Boots, Superdrug or department stores like Debenhams, but I love going to Selfridges and walking through the beauty department, it is the best.

17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like trying new skincare products as I don't want my skin to get used to the same products and then work as well as it used to. I do tend to stick to a vague routine and use the same types of products but I don't mind switching what brands they are.

18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Lush. Without a doubt. There will be a Christmas Haul coming up within the next two week so keep an eye out for that!

19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
This is such a hard question and I don't think I can answer it! My top three brands for this question would be Benefit, Rimmel and Urban Decay - but I can't choose between them!

20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love the packaging of Charlotte Tilbury and YSL - they just look so chic!

21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I think Cara Delevinge and Alexa Chung always have great make-up and it is more the style of make-up that I like to wear so that's probably why.

22. Do you belong to any online make-up communities?
I have joined a few blogging communities online but they are not limited to beauty.

23. Favourite Beauty Gurus
I feel like most of the people I watch do more than just beauty videos so the people I am currently loving to watch are Anna from The Anna Edit, Liv from What Olivia Did and Kate from Kate La Vie.

24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I don't really like cream or liquid blushes so I would probably only use it on the lips.. and as I already have a lot of lipsticks, I doubt I would even use it.

25. Are you clumsy in putting on make-up?
I am definitely not a make-up artist and I cannot do the fancy beautiful 'Instagram' make-up but I wouldn't say I was clumsy - probably helps that I wear the same look pretty much everyday.

26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes - that eye make-up ain't staying without it! If I don't have an eye primer, I will always use concealer/foundation as a base and then set it with powder.

27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I only wash my hair once a week and if I am styling my hair, I only really use hairspray. However, on the day I am washing my hair, I will use at least four different hair products - and that is not including shampoo and conditioner.

28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Concealer as I find if you use foundation first, you can see where you need the concealer and how much to use.

29. Do you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Maybe, courses can be very expensive and I am definitely better at doing make-up on myself than on other people.

30. What do you love about make-up?
It makes me feel a lot more confident about myself but it is also just so fun to use and create different looks - through work I have seen so many amazing looks created by both professional and student make-up artists and it is just incredible to think it was all done with make-up.

I guess congratulations are in order if you actually read through the entire post down to here! I am going to tag anyone who wants to do this but be prepared to spend some time writing these answers haha! Also, even if you don't want to do the full thing, let me know some your answers to these questions in the comments!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig