Party Glam: Christmas Party Make-Up Looks

With the Christmas party season in full swing, I have been trying to switch up what I normally wear on nights out and I thought I share two of my favourites with you. They are both really easy to do and don't take very long to do. When I was creating these looks, I tried to use a mix of drugstore and high-end make-up but whatever make-up you like to use, you can re-create this look. Now I tried to take a selfie for each look but for some reason, I could not get the look to fully translate but they do look really good in real life. I promise.

The first of my two Christmas party looks is a very simple everyday look with some added sparkle. This is a great look for the day time if you have events to go to, or if you are heading to a party straight after work.

After priming the eyes, blend some bronzer through the crease and slightly above to act as the transition shade. I used Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer as it is completely matte and not too orange, it also blends easily.

For the rest of the eyeshadow look, I used the Joan Collins Timeless Eye Shadow Quad in Moody Browns & Gold but use whatever you have on hand.

Blend a light eyeshadow all over the lid as a base. Using a smaller crease brush, blend a mid-tone brown in the crease, not going as far towards the nose as the bronzer. It should look slightly like a cut-crease but more blended.

Then apply a darker brown eyeshadow in the outer corner and using the same brush you applied the bronzer with, carefully blend out the edges.

Now the fun part, using a glittery eyeshadow (the one I used was gold), lightly dust all over the lid to give it some Christmas sparkle.

Apply some black pencil eyeliner to the waterline, and I cannot go without my usual liquid eyeliner so do whatever you want on the top! Then apply your favourite mascara and lashes if you wish.

For the base, I thought a matte finish to the skin would be best with all that sparkle on the lid. Apply your favourite foundation, concealer and powder. I used the SleekLifeproof Foundation (with a bit of moisturiser mixed it to thin it out), Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer and Insta Fix & Matte Powder.

For blush, I went with the Sleek Fenberry blush which is quite old and was limited edition at the time. It is a gorgeous deep berry which you need a very light hand with.

For the lips, as the eyes aren’t too dark, a red lip is perfect! To help keep the red lip lasting all night, apply some lip-liner first and then apply your favourite red lipstick. I used the Rimmel Lip Liner and NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Don’t Stop.  


I've been really into exploring other tones of eyeshadow at the moment, so this second look was based off this gorgeous reddish-brown shimmer eyeshadow from the Rimmel Magnif'eyes Nude Edition palette. 


Just like in the previous look, I started by priming the eyes and then blended a transition shade through the crease. This time, I wanted a more red/orange shade so I used the shade Sauced from the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. 

I also then with a slightly smaller crease brush, blended Low Blow to act as the proper crease shade. I love this combination of eyeshadows and use them together almost every day.

Using a slightly dampened flat eyeshadow brush (I lightly sprayed mine with some fixing spray), apply the gorgeous Rimmel eyeshadow all over the lid. I then appplied some of the matte brown shade from the same palette to slightly deepen the outer corner.

Just like last time, I applied some black liquid liner in a cat-eye flick, and some pencil eyeliner into my waterline. 

The base make-up is pretty much exactly the same as the last look but I used the NARS Velvet Matte Foundation Stick instead (also blended out with some moisturiser).

Using the same flat eyeshadow brush, I carefully lined under the eyes and softly blend it out.

For the lips, I thought a nude option would fit the look best as a red lip might be a bit too intense with the eyeshadow.

I lined the lips with the MAC Lip Pencil in Whirl and then used my favourite NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman


So these are my ideas for two Christmas party looks! In 2018, I would definitely like to improve on my make-up tutorial photography, so if you have any tips I would love to hear them. I hope everyone has a great time at whatever Christmas parties they attend and look fabulous!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig