January Birchbox: Stand Tall

I am so excited to be writing my first Birchbox post for 2018. This month's box was designed in collaboration with the stationary brand Ohh Deer. I have loved Ohh Deer for a while as I think they make the cutest stationary, my white marble Daily Journal that appears in almost every one of my blog photos (like in the one below!) is from Ohh Deer's collaboration with Urban Outfitters. I am loving all the flamingos on this box. The theme is all about being individual and standing out from the crowd, and embracing whatever makes you, you! I think that is an incredible mantra to stand by for this year and the rest of our lives. So now let's have a peek in this month's box.

January Birchbox 2018 - Life Of A Beauty Nerd
Lord & Berry Blusher Crayon in Peach
January has a bad rep for being a gloomy month - but not if this blush stick has anything to do with it! Playing with colour is the perfect way to add a little pep to your step on grey days, and this crayon couldn't be easier to use. Embrace your inner kid and scribble onto the apples of your cheeks, then blend out the edges with your fingertips for an instant flush. 
I have only ever tried one other blush that was not powder and that was MAC's Ladyblush. It was alright but I went back to powder blushes and haven't used another since. It will be interesting to see how this compares to a liquid blush and how easy it is to use.

Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Charcoal
Long-lasting, smudge-resistant and waterproof, this eyeliner will stay put from the morning school run through to your evening dinner plans - no touch-ups required. The soft charcoal shade is a wearable twist on classic black, and it glides on smoothly for effortless application. Just sweep the pencil across your lash line, starting from the inner corner of your eye. 
I have started to wear eyeliner on my waterline on a more regular basis and it will be nice to have a few options in case I feel like black is too harsh. I really loved the make-up remover from Marcelle in a previous Birchbox so I am looking forward to trying this!

NUXE Prodigieux Shower Oil
It's time to transport your daily shower to another level. Infused with NUXE's iconic Huile Prodigieuse scent (a delicate blend of orange blossom, magnolia and vanilla), this is the perfect way to add a little luxury to your everyday routine. Massage a small amount onto damp skin and rinse away for satin-soft skin with a subtle glow, thanks to sweet almond oil and a hint of golden shimmer. 
I might have to keep this to try in the summer months when it gets a bit warmer and I don't need to wear long-sleeves and tights under my jeans! I think this will look gorgeous against the tan or to use before a summer party. I have been wanting to try NUXE body products for a while although I might decide to wait a bit before using it, it will be exciting to try.

PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturising Sea Salt Spray
Bottling the effects of salty sea air, this spray delivers tousled texture without having to step foot or near the beach. Plus, while some salt sprays can leave your hair looking dry, this one contains sweet almond extract and vitamin-rich algae extract to nourish strands and protect your scalp. Spritz it evenly through damp or dry hair and twist between your fingers to add texture where you want. 
I don't normally go for texturising sprays because I already have quite thick hair - I try to tone it down not bump it up! I might pass this on to someone who might be able to get more use out of it. I think it could be an amazing product as it was created by a stylist with over 15 years experience in the industry.

Afterspa Amazing Makeup Remover
Forget the various lotions and potions that usually assist in the removal of make-up, with this ultra-soft cloth there's only one thing that you need... water! That's right, just wet the cloth and massage ti over your face to break down impurities and remove all types of make-up. Give it a spin in the washing machine before your first use, then get started! Bonus: it lasts up to 1000 washes. 
Now this really intrigues me. I have no idea how this works but I am willing to give it a go. The fact that it has to be cleaned first is even more confusing as I originally thought it could be a liquid inside the fabric. MIND BOGGLING. There have been so many incredible make-up inventions in the last few years so it will be really exciting to try!

So that's what was in my first Birchbox of 2018! I really like writing these posts so I hope you like reading them as well. If you have tried any these products before, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig