My Hair Care Routine

Today's post is all about my hair care routine. My routine is mainly based around ensuring my hair is well cleaned but also well moisturised and helping reduce frizz. Although growing out my hair from the shoulder-length cuts I would always get as a child, helped a lot with bringing the frizz down; I do think that a lot of the products I use in my routine have also helped a lot.





Shampoo and Conditioner
I have tried and tested many different shampoo and conditioners over the years and I have loved many of them. At the moment, I am loving the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner. As I have very thick hair, I only need to wash it weekly but I do like to make sure that when I do wash it, it is properly cleaned. However, many shampoos that do great on the cleaning side, can be drying on the ends. This shampoo and conditioner set do a great group of cleaning my hair without drying it out and keeping the ends moisturised.


Post-shower products
The first product I use after getting out of the shower is the John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength serum; I have been using various reincarnations of this product for years and I believe it was one of the first hair styling products I've ever had. It is great for frizzy hair and it is definitely going to stay as part of my hair care routine for many years to come. I then let my hair start to dry in a towel-turban for about 10-15 minutes and then use the VO5 Frizz Free Creme and Heat Defence Styling Spray. Both products are great for further preventing frizz as well as provide heat defence. As I use two hairdryers (a traditional and one with a spinning brush head) and straighteners most times after washing my hair, providing good defence from heat is really important.

Sometimes after using the styling products and before blow-drying, I use the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil. I don't think I would re-purchase this product as it isn't amazing. That is not to say that this is an awful product by any means but I don't really notice much of a difference between when I do use it and when I do not use it.

I do always like to try new products so if there are any hair care products that you love please leave them in a comment below!

Ellyn xx



Check out my last post here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig