Five Favourites: September 2017

It has been a while since I last did a 'Five Favourites' post, the first one being back in March. However until the end of August and into September, I did not really have anything that was particularly standing out in my make-up life. I did not want to just write up a favourite post every month if there really wasn't anything I loved that much or that I had not mentioned in the March favourites. My five favourites for September will not be a surprise to anyone who has followed my blog in the last few weeks and I will try not to repeat myself too much. All of the items mentioned are still available to buy.

Rimmel London Magnif'Eyes Nude Edition Eye Contouring Palette
Although I am really loving the warm tones from my Naked Heat palette that I will talk more about below, I felt like I needed another palette that had a few more neutral shades to help with blending or in case I'm not feeling a warm eye look. I bought this palette for my 'Back To School' tutorial and I have actually been using it in conjunction with the Naked Heat palette as part of my daily make-up routine. At the moment, I am mostly using the first two lighter shades and the matte brown but the eyeshadow palette as a whole is really good. This palette also comes in three other shade ranges and is less than a tenner - absolute bargain!

Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette
I am still so obsessed with this eyeshadow palette. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and easy to blend. In my current everyday make-up routine, I am mainly using the shades Sauced and Low Blow to add some warmth to my crease and I also often use the shade Ounce all over my lid. However as we get more into autumn, I am excited to use more the deeper tones to create a warm eye, I have tried some of the darker shades already and I found that it had the perfect amount of intensity and did not make my eyes look like they were infected (as these are red-tones).

Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I have had this brush in my make-up collection for a few years now and I have used it for concealer, foundation and powder. Whilst it works great for all those things, my new favourite way to use this brush is for contour. The brush that I used to apply bronzer is just a little too large to use for precise contouring and the buffing brush is the perfect size. As it is quite a dense brush, you get a lot of pigmentation out of very little product so you do have to be careful when applying but I love how it turns out. I have also noticed that through applying my contour with this brush, it lasts much longer than any other way that I have tried to apply it. You can only get this brush as part of the Core Collection which is a bit annoying but I do think the other brushes in the set are still pretty good so I would say it is worth getting all of them.

Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette
I think this is a great 3-in-1 palette where everything is a perfect balance. The contour and highlight shades are my favourite in this palette as they both give the right amount of definition without looking too intense. I do like the blush, but it is slightly too light for me at the moment as I still have the remains of my holiday tan. I also find that they last really well for drugstore face products as I have had so many bronzers, blushes and other face products from the drugstore that do not stay long on the skin, even with a primer underneath. I also like that the pans are not too big so you do not overload your brush with too much product. The only downside is that it does not come in enough shade ranges which is a shame.

NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman
I've spoken about this liquid lipstick way too much on this blog now, I am sorry for anyone who has read all my rambles! I just cannot get enough of this product. It applies so easily, dries quickly, is comfortable to wear and has the best staying power of any lipstick I have ever worn. It is a nude shade that has the same staying power as M.A.C Ruby Woo on top of a lip liner. It's that good. I really want to buy more of the Powermatte lip pigments and for £23 - it is so worth it!

So those are my five favourites for September! If you have tried any of the products that I mentioned, please let me know what you think about them in the comments below. Like I said at the beginning, I don't want to promise that there will be another favourites post anytime soon but know that when I do post these, I really mean all the love!

Ellyn xx


Check out my last post here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig